Feel free to donate if you like my work :)

petek, 8. april 2016

LOVE YOURSELF – JUSTIN BIEBER FT. ED SHEERAN




My favourite sentence from the lyrics is: Was I a fool to let you break down my walls?


Love yourself is a song recorded (and co-wroted) by singers Justin Bieber and Ed Sheeran. It was released on November 2015. The genre is acoustic pop. Love yourself has topped the charts in many countries.  It has been a commercial success and has also reached number one on Billboard (Hot 100).

On webpage itube247 they wrote what Bieber said about his song, when talking to Ryan Seacrest: »“Love Yourself” is “definitely about someone in my past, someone who I don’t want to put on blast,” he described the song as “cool because so many people can resonate with that because how many women do we bring back that mom doesn’t really necessarily like?”«

Lyrics are about a guy who is trying to convince us that he is totally over his ex girlfriend. But he's giving us really mixed emotions. The sentence You should go and love yourself has a really nice sound, but more you listen to the song, the more you get it's sarcastic meaning.

Love Yourself was composed in E major. But I put it in D major. Song is centered on a guitar and vocals. Later we can also hear trumpets for some more authenticity. We can all hear that Ed Sheeran had a big influnece on the song making process, because everything sounds like him, I mean the melody end guitar licks. It also remindes me a little bit on his song Thinking out loud.