Feel free to donate if you like my work :)

torek, 19. april 2016

Reality - Lost Frequencies feat. Janieck Devy



Hate will make you cautious, love will make you glow.


Reality is a song by Lost Frequencies, that was realised in May 2015. His real name is Felix Safran De Laet. He is Belgian DJ and music producer. He is best known for his songs Are You with Me and Reality.

Genre of this song is deep house. This is a style of house music, that can often have an acoustic feeling and this song is no different. Just as title say, lyrics are about reality, about our life. If I take closer look to the lyrics, I can see that (I can fly high, I can go low, today I got a million, tomorrow, I don't know) means, that life can be sometimes very good, but sometimes can be bad, we do not know what future will bring. This sentence (we're all playing the same game, I'm laying down alone) show us, that even though we are all in this together, we are also individuals, with our own path, that is written in the stars and we should make the best of our life (it's written in our story, it's written on the walls, this is our call, we rise and we fall, dancin' in the moonlight, don't we have it all?).


The whole song is based on four chords. Song is really simple and it is written in C# minor. We can hear guitar (that gives us acoustic feeling) using basic 4/4 chord rhythm (down--down-up--up-down-up). But I put it in D minor. Mentioned four chord in my arrangement are F - Am - Dm - Bb. It also has a theme, that we can hear it at the beginning, and also in the middle, at the sacond part of every refrain and at the end. Basically, almost all the time.






Lyrics:

Decisions as I go, to anywhere I flow,
sometimes I believe, at times I'm rational,
I can fly high, I can go low,
today I got a million, tomorrow, I don't know.

Stop claiming what you own and think about the show,
we're all playing the same game, I'm laying down alone,
we're unknown and wrong, special when I come,
hate will make you cautious, love will make you glow.

Make me feel the warmth, make me feel the cold,
it's written in our story, it's written on the walls,
this is our call, we rise and we fall,
dancin' in the moonlight, don't we have it all?

Decisions as I go, to anywhere I flow,
sometimes I believe, at times I'm rational,
I can fly high, I can go low,
today I got a million, tomorrow, I don't know.

Make me feel the warmth, make me feel the cold,
it's written in our story, it's written on the walls,
this is our call, we rise and we fall,
dancin' in the moonlight, don't we have it all?